TAKE AND BAKE BREAD FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Baking Instructions – Loaves & Baguettes
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove bread from package and discard oxygen absorber. Place bread directly on center oven rack. For those preferring softer crust, wrap bread whole or pre-sliced in foil, with vent.
- Bake bread for 12 to15 minutes for loaves, 6-8 minutes for demi baguettes – or until the crust is as you desire, and the center is soft and hot to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Baking Instructions – Garlic Bread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove bread from the package and discard oxygen absorber.
- Separate the halves and smooth the garlic parmesan spread evenly on both sides – it may stick to one side at first.
- Place spread side up on foil or baking sheet and place on center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.
Toasting Instructions – Loaves & Baguettes
- Remove bread from packaging and slice.
- Toast to desired crispness – usually two cycles in an upright toaster.
Grilling Instructions – Loaves & Baguettes
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Remove bread from package and discard oxygen absorber. Place bread directly on the top rack, if possible. For Garlic Bread separate the halves and smooth the garlic parmesan spread evenly on both sides before placing directly on a piece of aluminum foil in the center of the top rack.
- Grill for loaves 12 to 15 minutes, baguettes for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve hot.
Q: Where do I store Take & Bake bread? Is it okay to keep in my pantry and for how long?
A: No need to freeze or refrigerate it! Unopened Take & Bake lasts for months. If you don’t plan to bake and eat by the best-by-date on the back of the package, it is okay to freeze your Take & Bake.
When you’re ready to eat it, bake frozen loaves at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit in the oven to finish for another 10 minutes.
Q: Do I have to bake it before eating?
A: Yes, loaves come partially baked and individually wrapped and you finish baking Take & Bake in only 12-15 minutes! You can use your oven, toaster, or grill. Get creative and use Take & Bake in your favorite recipes – from sandwiches, pizza, French toast, bread pudding, to strata. Check out our Instagram and recipes on our website for more inspiration. Please do not microwave.
Q: What if I ate it without baking it?
A: Please bake Take & Bake bread before eating to experience it how it’s meant to taste. It is safe to eat without baking, but it’s not intended to be eaten without baking first.
Q: Why isn’t yeast listed in some of your ingredient statements?
A: Our breads are made using an all-natural, wild yeast starter and go through many hours of fermentation, 10-20 depending on the variety. We do not add any commercial yeast. We use organic, dried yeast along with our naturally fermented starter in our French Loaf and French Demi Baguettes to control the fermentation which results in a unique flavor profile.
Q: How does bread stay fresh with the Essential FreshSEAL™ package without preservatives?
A: Basically, the patent-pending Essential FreshSEAL™ packaging is oxygen free. With no oxygen, it creates a stable environment for our bread where mold can’t grow; therefore, no preservatives are needed!
Q: Are there any preservatives in the bread?
A: No, we use all-natural, organic, non-GMO ingredients, the shelf life comes from our patent-pending Essential FreshSEAL™ package technology.
Q: Are all Take & Bake breads organic and non-GMO?
A: Yes, all the ingredients are USDA Certified Organic and Certified non-GMO by The Non-GMO Project.
Q: What if I only want to eat part of the loaf?
A: No problem! Cut what you are going to bake and put the rest in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat it, take it out of the refrigerator, bake the piece you want at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. It freezes well too. You’ll need to bake the frozen loaf longer, 15 – 30 minutes, depending on the size of the piece. Please do not microwave.
Q: How do I store it after I bake it?
A: If you haven’t consumed the whole loaf, wrap the bread in a cotton bread bag, tea towel, paper bag, plastic wrap, or zip-top and store in a dry place for up to 2 days. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Refresh hard bread with a light spritz of water and a 400-degree oven for ten minutes. If longer-term storage is needed, freeze the loaf. When you’re ready to eat it, bake frozen or thawed loaves at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Tip: Try cutting leftover bread into cubes and storing it in a zip-top bag in the freezer to use in French toast bread pudding, strata, or croutons.
Q: The packaging is looser than before, is the seal okay?
A: Yes, we’ve improved our packaging process to give the bread more room.
The Essential FreshSeal™ Upgraded
Same FreshSeal™, new looser package – for a more beautiful loaf of bread.
Q: What are the Take & Bake certifications?
A: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
Q: What’s the Take & Bake allergen statement?
A: Contains Wheat. Made in a bakery that uses wheat, eggs, milk, soy & tree nuts.