Food safety has always been a strong focus at The Essential Baking Company. With rising concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to share some of the procedures we have in place and additional actions we are taking at this time.
- We have a dedicated, professionally certified, food-safety team on staff who help ensure our employee and facility food safety practices are aligned with the highest industry standards throughout daily operations. We have increased and enhanced sanitation practices beyond the requirements previously in place to include enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols of all common areas, provided readily available sanitizer products to employees and added additional janitorial services.
- Employees are provided universal paid time off and are required to stay home in case of illness to protect others from getting sick. Attendance policies around sick absences will be relaxed to help support those in need of sick time off at this time.
- We will monitor challenges within our workforce and promptly manage headcount exclusions with replacements or other methods to maintain stable and predictable results for the least interruption to customer service.
- We have canceled travel, trade shows and large meetings to do what we can to help prevent the spread of the illness.
- We will continue to maintain active inventories, alert to potential supply challenges. As information becomes available, we will react in a well-considered mode to prevent supply and inventory imbalances in a way that best serves our customers.
As the situation evolves, The Essential Baking Company leadership and food safety team will continue to closely monitor updates from King County Health Department, Washington State, the CDC and other national health organizations. As we gain new information on best practices, we will take action as necessary to implement them to best protect our employees and service to our customers.
Founder, The Essential Baking Company