Toasted bread, drizzled or brushed with olive oil, served topped with tomatoes and basil, bruschetta is a traditional Italian dish that dates back to Roman times. It’s a recipe you could make as an appetizer, or serve for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Get creative and use your favorite ingredients to top your toasts. Keep a Take & Bake baguette on hand in your panty for bruschetta anytime, thanks to the Essential FreshSeal™.
1 pack of cherry tomatoes, multi-color heirloom recommended
1 large pack of basil
1 ball of mozzarella
3 garlic cloves, diced (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Open and slice Take & Bake baguette at an angle.
- Put sliced bread on a baking sheet and brush or drizzle with a good quality olive oil.
- Bake in your oven for 6-8 minutes, flipping when they look slightly golden brown. Keep an eye on them and take them out before they burn.
- Slice cherry tomatoes, chiffonade basil leaves, slice mozzarella and decorate tops of toasts, finishing them off with a drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with diced garlic, if desired.
Inspiration came from the following post(s):